8/18/2010

The Jug

Recently, I received another comment, from my sister, about the jug that has has a way of appearing in our photos. I wrote her a response about the jug as it appears in this photo. After I sent it I thought I would put it up as part of our story.





The Jug as it's become affectionately known

because the day after that photo was taken Lisa got pissed at me for walking too fast, and about threw the jug at me. We knew each other about 6 weeks at that point and it was the first time she'd ever gotten pissed at me. Problem was, we were at 13,000 feet just below the summit of Kings Peak. If she'd have followed through it would've sailed over the north face of the summit and about 4,000 to the bottom. Needless to say, we'd have been fresh outta water with a long walk back. When we got to the top she was still a little pissed, but mostly frustrated because of the way the altitude was making her feel crappy. As we had a snack she told me about contemplating throwing the jug. I laughed. Having lots of experience associating myself with girls in the past that had bad tempers, I told her I was super impressed that she held her temper and didn't throw it so that we could enjoy the water in it. It was very telling, and she has continued to impress me with an even temper especially when it matters the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment